Instead of a panel of judges and a pageant held earlier in the summer, the voting for this year’s Silver Queen will be done online at chieftain.com. The change was made to ensure that all our lovely candidates, who’ve lead such interesting and wonderful lives, are considered on their present and past abilities.
· The introduction of the queen candidates will be held in the WeatherPort Tent starting at 12 p.m. The reigning Queen Elaine Eddy Ripley (102 years young) will attend the crowning of her successor. The crowning should take place at about 12:30 - 12:45 p.m. Family and friends are invited to attend the Silver Queen crowning, and then spend the day enjoying the fair with their loved one.
· All senior citizens 60 and older receive FREE admission. Everyone else who is attending the Fair and Silver Queen pageant will be asked to pay $5 gate admission. Family group rates are available through the State Fair Box office at (719) 404-2071. Reservations for your group are not required, there will be plenty of seating for your entire group in the tent.
· Our emcee will introduce the candidates and talk a bit with them. He does his best to help each lady feel comfortable and this gives the crowd a chance to meet each candidate before our 2013 Queen is announced.
· Online voting will be held from Sunday, August 18 – Sunday, August 25th. Proper measures will be made to ensure the online voting is fair.
· The Pueblo Chieftain’s State Fair Edition will publish on Sunday, August 18th and feature all the candidates. The candidates will also appear in the Life section on Wednesday, August 21st.